This course is designed to provide suitable and adequate information, training and instruction to all occupants (other than members of the Emergency Control Organisation) working in a facility to enable them to act in accordance with the emergency response procedures.
Course Duration: 30 – 45 Minutes
Participant Numbers: Max. 50 Persons
Training Topics for Occupants
- Occupant responsibilities within the facility emergency response procedures
- The types of emergencies contained in the emergency plan
- How to report emergencies including activation of alarm systems, if installed
- Recognising and reporting unsafe conditions, and correcting unsafe conditions when appropriate
The authorities, roles, responsibilities and identification of ECO members.
- The authorities, roles, responsibilities and identification of ECO members
- Reacting safely to emergencies and alarms
- Evacuation procedures
- The location of internal and external staging and assembly areas, as contained in the emergency plan
- The location of egress routes
- Post-emergency protocols
- Procedures for specific emergencies
Visitors at a facility should be provided with appropriate information on the emergency response procedures, as determined by the EPC.